One Pot Chili Mac 'N Cheese
Another one pot meal for the win! This recipe from Damn Delicious is low in fat and high in flavor! It's the best of both worlds - a hearty bowl of chili and the comforting taste of macaroni and cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey (you can also substitute this for ground beef or chicken)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can white kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 12 oz elbow pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Step One. Combine the oil, ground meat, onion, and garlic in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Cook until the meat is browned. If you are using ground beef, make sure to drain the meat at this point.
Step Two. Add in broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta.
Step Three. Bring to a boil and cook the pasta thoroughly (about 13-15 minutes).
Step Four. Mix in the cheese and serve it with a little extra cheese and parsley on top.