A "Twist on the Traditional" Summer Barbecue
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeYourSummer #MADEFORDOERS #CollectiveBias
Ever since I tried Korean barbecue a few years back, I've been obsessed with it. It's tangy and sweet and the flavors are just so different than the traditional barbecue we get here in Texas.
So instead of spending all day smoking a brisket, or grilling hamburgers and hotdogs, I decided to mix things up a bit and mack Bulgogi beef cabbage wraps and chicken wings. Why have the same old boring stuff every weekend this summer when you can try something new and introduce new flavors to those around you?
And if you want to jazz it up even more, you could totally turn a regular old summer barbecue into a themed party!
So if you'd like the recipe for this easy Bulgogi marinade, here it is:
Bulgogi Beef / Chicken Wing Marinade
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced (or 1 pound chicken wings)
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a zip top back and mix well. Allow the meat to marinade for at least one hour (or overnight like I do).
2. Preheat the grill and lightly oil it.
3. Quickly grill the meat on a hot grill until lightly charred and cooked through. The beef will take about 2 minutes per side and the chicken will be a bit longer.
Note: You can also cook this on a cast iron skillet inside if the weather outside isn't ideal
And now for the clean up. I always opt for a disposable tablecloth when possible, but I recently found this reusable one that I love. It's easy to wipe clean using VIVA® Paper Towels. These paper towels are strong enough to handle tough messes like BBQ, so feel free to double up on the sauce - VIVA ® can handle it!
I also love using sturdy paper plates and for those messy hands, I recommend having some Kleenex® Wet Wipes Gentle Clean available. These face and hand wipes are perfect for cleaning up after a messy meal like barbecue because we all know how barbecue sauce can get everywhere!
I found both the VIVA ® Paper Towels and the Kleenex Wet Wipes at my local Kroger store. I simply picked them up on the facial tissue aisle with the ingredients for my recipe and it couldn't have been more convenient.
For more grilling inspiration, visit the Social Hub, where you can get recipes and enter the #MakeYourSummer sweepstakes starting on 6/11/18.
For more recipes and tips like this, follow me on Pinterest!