Cast Iron Skillet Recipes: Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
When I'm feeling uninspired, my go to meal at home is definitely the hamburger. After all, it's super easy to make, right? Get our some meat, add some seasoning, cook it, and voila! Plus, it's something I know everyone in my house will eat. This new keto diet that I'm has me missing all those yummy buns though - so what's a girl to do? Make it work. So here I give you, the low-carb, bacon cheeseburger casserole.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves large garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 7 eggs
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese (divided)
- Brown ground beef with garlic and onion powder.
- Drain excess grease, then spread beef on bottom of your pan. (If you don't have a cast iron pan, you can use a 13x9 pan)
- Stir bacon pieces into cooked beef.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, tomato paste, heavy cream, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Stir 8 ounces grated cheese into egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over beef and bacon. Top with remaining 4 ounces of grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-50 minutes or until golden brown on top. (The center should not jiggle)
You can always add veggies into this casserole as well, you'll just want to add less eggs if you do.