The Perfect Valentine's Day Chocolatey Dessert - Chocolate Lava Cakes
This post is sponsored in kind by Cocktail Caviar. The photos and opinions are mine.
When my husband and I were on our honeymoon, we went on a Carnival Cruise to the Caribbean. Every night at dinner we would have these amazing molten chocolate cakes that were just to die for! They came with a little scoop of vanilla and man oh man were they good! This Valentine's Day, I thought I'd try my hand at making them myself. I adapted this recipe from The Pioneer Woman's recipe, and I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 1 stick butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- baking spray (for spraying your baking pan)
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Spray 8 oz ramekins (about 4 of them) with baking spray and place on a baking sheet.
2. Microwave the butter and both chocolates until the butter is melted (about 1 minute). Whisk until the chocolate is melted as well.
3. Stir in the sugar and mix well. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Once that is all mixed, add in the flour.
4. Divide the mixture among the 4 ramekins and place in the oven. Bake until the sides are firm and the centers are soft (about 13 minutes). Let stand one minute.
Pro Tip: If you want to really make it over the top, add some Cocktail Caviar on top. These little balls of liqueur come in many different flavors and really give the dessert an extra somethin' somethin'. Or a scoop of vanilla ice cream would be good too!
If you'd like to see more recipes like this, follow me on Pinterest!