Fresh Cherry Toast
This post is sponsored in kind by Northwest Cherry Growers and contains affiliate links. All photos and opinions are mine.
When I was younger, I didn't like cherries. Of course, the only cherries I had ever tried were those sugary sweet maraschino cherries that topped my chocolate shakes and shirley temples! So until the last few years, I apparently have really been missing out! Fresh cherries are so much better than those jarred things - and they taste absolutely nothing alike.
So when Northwest Cherry Growers sent me some cherries to use in a few recipes, I was excited to get started on incorporating this new(ish) love of cherries of mine into some fun dishes for your to try.
This first recipe is easy peasy! When I made it this time, the kids and I had it for lunch, but this could easily be a great appetizer to take to a dinner party or a potluck item (since it doesn't necessarily have to be served warm). This freshly toasted bread is topped with sweetly roasted cherries and touch of tangy balsamic and honey drizzle.
Here's the recipe:
- Crostini, sliced
- 1 cup ricotta
- 12 cherries, pitted and halved
- 12 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
Step One. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the bread slices on a sheet pan and toast for 7 minutes or until lightly browned (on the bottom rack).
Step Two. While the toast is in the oven, line another sheet pan with parchment paper and placed the cherries (cut side up) on the pan with a drizzle of olive oil, pinch or two salt, and the thyme sprigs. Roast in the oven (top rack) for 5-7 minutes. I like to bake both things at the same time because it cuts down on time in the kitchen.
Step Three. After the bread has cooled a bit, spread a spoonful of ricotta on each crostini. Top with two cherry halves and sprig of the roasted thyme. Drizzle the top of each crostini with a bit of honey and balsamic vinegar. (For a more pronounced flavor, you can put the balsamic vinegar in a pan and reduce it down first). Add a bit of salt to each crostini and serve and enjoy!
- 6 CHERRY PITTER - https://amzn.to/2ubbC9i
- WOOD CUTTING BOARD – https://amzn.to/2NfUFlU
- WOOD HANDLE SERVING BOARD – https://amzn.to/2KFn5UU
- BREAD KNIFE - https://amzn.to/2NKuMez
- METAL STRAINER (other colors available too)- https://amzn.to/2zx01Xa
- CERAMIC KNIFE – https://amzn.to/2z2xmch
- BAKING SHEET – https://amzn.to/2z5syD4
- BREVILLE SMART OVEN AIR – https://amzn.to/2tOAe7H
- TRIVET – https://amzn.to/2Niga5C
- OLIVE OIL DISPENSER - https://amzn.to/2lNoYnB
- SALT CONTAINER - https://amzn.to/2NhSKgN
- GREEN HEARTH & HAND BOWL - https://amzn.to/2L9sKCS
- GREEN HEARTH & HAND PLATE - https://amzn.to/2tNCKeu
If you'd like to see more recipes like this, follow me on Pinterest!