Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Chicken
I love me some jalapeno poppers (jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon), but I wanted to make another option for people who didn't want the spice and they wanted more protein. And so, this deliciousness came to be! So all you keto-types out there, this one is for you too!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 4-6 ounce pieces
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 pepperjack cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 4 to 8 pieces of bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut chicken into 4 equal size pieces. Pound breast so it's about 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, shredded pepperjack cheese, and green onions.
- Put a quarter of the mixture onto each chicken breast. Starting on one end, roll the chicken breast up, making sure to keep the cheese mixture in the middle.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the chicken and place on a baking sheet. Bake the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Once you remove the chicken from the oven, broil the chicken (on high if it has different temperatures) for 5 minutes. Then, remove the chicken from the broiler, turn each one over, and broil again for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.