My Son's Love of Reading
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BreakfastAndRead #CollectiveBias
This past school year, through the help of my son's amazing Kindergarten teacher, Hayden learned how to read. He struggled to sound out words night after night when we practiced, but eventually he learned those words and moved on to new lists of words. Then, he learned how when those words were strung together, they would create sentences. And sentences turned into stories and stories turned into books.
This summer, he's participated in many reading programs at the library, through the Houston sports teams programs, and the city itself. He has such a love of reading and it just warms my heart to see him light up when he knows what different words say. The other day, the kids were quiet (which is always trouble) and I caught him reading to his little sister. I mean, how adorable is that?!
So with this new skill of his, he's reading everything from books to street signs, and letters in the mail to cereal boxes. He just loves being able to "unlock" the mysteries around him that were only just letters before.
As much as he likes to read, he also likes to eat. And reading and eating go hand and hand in our house. So recently, I found out about this cool program that Kellogg's® has with Scholastic called Kellogg's Family Rewards. Basically, through this program, for every participating Kellogg's box you purchase, your child get receive a book (or give a book to your child's school) for free. No hidden fees. No additional purchase necessary - just the food products you were going to buy in the first place. How cool is that?
There's a ton of different Kellogg's products that are included, like Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Fruit Snacks®, Keebler Cookies®, and Cheez-Its®. We opted for the Pringles® because he loves putting them in his school lunches. You can see a full list of included products on their website, or just make sure they have the blue label on them like this box below.
1 Box = 1 Book!
In order to redeem your box point and receive your book, just follow the following steps:
- Purchase a participating Kellogg product by 9/30/2018.
- Take a picture of your receipt(s) with qualifying purchases.
- Log in to Kellogg's Family Rewards and upload your receipt. Each receipt much me submitted separately and within 30 days of purchase.
- Once your receipt has been verified, you can use your credit to redeem it for a book of your choice. They have over 40 different books of all different levels to choose from (and good books too), like Clifford the Big Red Dog, Goosebumps, and Captain Underpants.
- Credit must be redeemed by 12/18/2018 and there's a limit of 10 books per participant, so you can stock your child's library with books!
I love how Kellogg's and Scholastic is helping fuel his love of learning and fuel his body at the same time! Make sure to take advantage of this offer soon!