Over 15+ Crostini Toppings You Just Have To Try!
I wouldn't expect anything less than amazing when it comes to Toast from the Host throwing a party. But when it's her 30th birthday party, you know all the stops are going to be pulled out. And boy were they! Lauren opted to have a "Derby 30", meaning we headed to the Houston Polo Club to see the polo match! She reserved a box and we had a fantastic meal before the match began. When she asked me what I'd like to bring, I immediately thought about crostinis. They're a great appetizer that you can have at room temperature and they are good for snacking on during the match.
Another great thing about crostinis are that you can top them with almost anything - sweet or savory - it's all delicious. Not sure where to begin? Here's a list of options that I've come up with:
- Cream Cheese, Shrimp, Chives
- Mozzarella, Olives, Prosciutto
- Parmesan Cheese, Basil, Tomato
- Ricotta, Almonds, Honey
- Apples, Raspberries, Honey
- Goat Cheese, Pancetta, Shallots
- Feta, Mint, Roasted Red Pepper
- Gorgonzola, Mint, Walnuts
- Roast Beef, Mushrooms, Rosemary
- Ricotta, Blueberries, Lemon Zest
- Prosciutto, Arugula,
- Blue Cheese, Fig Jam, Almonds
- Nutella, Pears, Marscapone
The three types I took to the match were:
- mozzarella, basil, tomato, balsamic vinegar
- cream cheese, fresh peaches (or nectarines), almonds, honey
- goat cheese, prosciutto, parsley
If you'd like to see more recipes like these, you can follow me on Pinterest!