Road Trippin' : How to Make the Most of Your Drive from Houston To Waco in One Day
Sometimes, you have a lot of time for a vacation and it can be a leisurely trip. Other times, you have one free day where everyone can get together and you can make the most of it. Either way, I've compiled a list of places you just have to stop at if you're making the trek between Houston, TX and Waco, TX.
Places to Get a Bite to Eat
- Cocoamoda. This cute little chocolate shop is a great place to stop to get a little coffee or sweet treat. And it's right in the middle of the little town called Calvert, so after you grab your treats, you can take a stroll through their "downtown".
- Penny's Diner. This old fashioned diner in Hearne, TX has all the staples for comfort food!
- Babe's Doughnut & Coffee Shop. You really can't go wrong with stopping for a doughnut and coffee here in Bryan, TX. They had some delicious ones when we were there like the samoas doughnut and the maple bacon one! And of course I had to wash it down with a mocha latte!
- Hey Sugar. Nothing satisfies a sweet tooth on the road like Hey Sugar in Waco, TX. This colorful shop has everything your sweet cravings could ever want!
Fun Murals and Photo Ops Along the Way
- Martha's Bloomers. This cute garden and cafe in Navasota, TX is a great place to grab a few blooms, pottery, or a bite to eat.
- Gramen Farms. Stop at the farm in Tomball, TX to pick up milk, beef, eggs, soaps, and more.
- Beeweaver. This bee farm in Navasota, TX gives hive tours and honey tastings and if it's a Saturday morning, you can stop in to see a "Queen Catching" demo.
- Messina Hoff Winery. Stop and sip for a while at this winery and resort. If you time it right, you can take part in the stomping of the grapes or grab a bite to eat at their restaurant.
- Market 1023. This home goods store in Bryan, TX will get you in the 'Fixer Upper' farmhouse style you'll be on the way to see at Magnolia Market in Waco.
- "First Friday" Market. The first Friday of every month, Bryan, TX hosts "First Friday" - a market open to the public where local artisans bring their goods for sale.
When in Waco
- Magnolia Market. Of course, if you're heading to Waco, you're probably not just there for a Baylor game.
- Starry Night (Restoration Dental Lab, 1000 Columbus Ave, Waco, TX)
- Dichotomy (508 Austin, Waco, TX). In the entrance of Dichotomy is this tribal print, but if you go upstairs and look over the wall, there's this blue and white striped wall as well.
- Dear Waco, We Love You (Shades of Shabby, 926 La Salle Ave, Waco, TX)
- Colorful (Hey Sugar, 808 Austin Ave, Waco, TX)
- Wacotown (217 S 4th St, Waco, TX)
- City with a Soul (The Findery, 501 S 8th St, Waco, TX)
- Waco Suspension Bridge (113 S University Parks Dr, Waco, TX)
Enjoy the journey, not just the destination.