Roasted Fig Salad with a Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
This post contains affiliate links.
When you have fresh figs, you think of all the ways you can possibly use them. I’ve made flatbread pizzas with them, preserves, but the easiest recipe for figs is this one right here. These roasted figs are on top of a mixed green salad, along with walnuts, prosciutto, goat cheese, and a honey vinaigrette. What a refreshing summer dish!
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Pint fresh figs, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup walnuts
- 8 Ounces baby arugula and/or baby spinach
- 8 Ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 Ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
Step One. For the vinaigrette, whisk together all the ingredients and set aside.
Step Two. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the figs on a baking sheet and brush them with the melted butter. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over eat fig. Roast in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
Step Three. Place the baby arugula/spinach in a bowl. Toss it with the vinaigrette and top with the walnuts, goat cheese, and thinly sliced prosciutto. After the figs have cooled, add them as well.
- WOOD BOWL – https://amzn.to/2tMNRUO
- WOOD SALAD SERVERS - https://amzn.to/2tLprLq
- BAKING SHEET – https://amzn.to/2z5syD4
- MINI RED WHISK - https://amzn.to/2lNXi23
- CRUET WITH CORK – https://amzn.to/2tP4wqT
- OLIVE OIL DISPENSER - https://amzn.to/2KosfbC
- SALT CONTAINER - https://amzn.to/2NhSKgN
- GREEN HEARTH & HAND PLATE - https://amzn.to/2tNCKeu
If you'd like to see more recipes like this, follow me on Pinterest!