How To Make the Most of Your Time at Rodeo Houston!
It's the last few days of that special time of year - when the Houston Rodeo comes to town! Besides the line up of amazing concerts, Rodeo Houston has a ton to offer everyone in the family!
Leading up to the rodeo opening, there are several events to get you in the mood. There are the trail rides, parade, Bar-B-Que Cook Off, Best Bites Competition, Rodeo Run, and Wine Auction. And of course, the animals are always ready for you in Reliant Arena.
If you're wanting to go to the rodeo and get the most bang for your buck, here are a few tips for you:
- Parking. It's going to be $20 anywhere you park near NRG Stadium, but there are a few alternatives to shelling out that Andrew Jackson. First, you can park at a designated lot and ride the bus in.
- Season Pass. Buying a season pass is the easiest way to save money if you're planning on going more than once. General admission to the carnival and grounds is $15 for adults, but the season pass is $25, so make sure you get one! Plus, they don't have a name on it, so you can actually share with someone else if you go on different days.
- Value Days. On Wednesdays from 11am-4pm in the Junction, you can enjoy all the rides and games are $2.
- Plan Ahead. If you want to make sure to see the pig races, see a band perform on the Stars Over Texas Stage, or pet some animals at the wildlife expo, check the master schedule online. There's also a bunch of free seminars where you can learn about specific animal breeds, campfire meal cooking classes, and nature photography!
- Get the App. There's an app specifically for Rodeo Houston that has all of the events on it so you won't miss a thing, and there's also special rodeo emojis to share with your friends!
I hope you have a great time!