Slow Cooker Creamy Pepper Jack Cauliflower
When I was growing up and my mother would have a party, there was always a veggie tray. And now that I think about it, every baby shower, wedding, and family reunion did too. Anyways, I've always loved veggie trays, but cauliflower and broccoli were the items on the tray that I always gravitated to. Maybe because the ranch stuck to them better or maybe the taste, but I've always liked these veggies. Now I know that cauliflower isn't everyone's thing, but I promise this recipe has it ground to smithereens and loaded with all the fatty goodness you could want (like heavy cream, pepper jack cheese, cream cheese, and bacon - need I say more?).
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Grease the inside of a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the cauliflower, cream cheese, whipping cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Add the pepper jack and stir to combine (here, I chose to blend the entire mixture for a smooth texture, but you leaving it chunky will taste good too). I love my immersion blender. Continue to cook another 30 minutes to an hour, until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Add bacon crumbles and serve.