The Perfect Winter Party Drink: Hot Spiced Apple Cider
This a sponsored post by Moscow Muled.
You know that I love my hot spiced tea, but sometimes I want something a little different (especially when I'm making it for guests and I need to make a lot of it at one time). That's when I'll make this tasty hot apple cider!
Here's the recipe for your entertaining needs:
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 1 orange peel, cut into strips
- 1 lemon peel, cut into strips
1. In a large sauce pan, pour the apple cider and put the heat on medium.
2. Put your cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries, orange peel and lemon peel in a square of cheesecloth and tie it into a bundle with a string. Place the bundle into the apple cider pan.
3. Let the mixture heat up until it's hot, but not boiling.
4. Ladle the drink into mugs and add a fresh cinnamon stick to each mug.
As for what to put the drink in, I opt for a cute mug or, my favorite, my Moscow Muled mugs. Did you know these cute copper mugs work well for hot drinks as well? They're actually a great determiner of when the drink is safe to drink so you won't burn your tongue! So when the mug is cool enough to touch, the cider is the perfect temperature for drinking. They're also 100% copper and handmade, so you know that the quality is unmatched!
If you'd like more recipes like this, follow me on Pinterest.