5 Ideas on Where to Have Day Dates in Houston
Most of the time when my husband and I have a date, it's during the day. We work really hard during the week, so when the weekend comes around, the last thing we have energy to do is stay out late. So we've found quite a few day date options that we've really enjoyed.
- Top Golf. Top Golf is a driving range (essentially), but it's so much more! They have targets on the field and the golf balls have chips in them so they can calculate points on a computer system quickly. They have many different types of games you can challenge someone else on too. They also have a cheaper rate for playing if you're there before noon, so we definitely take advantage of this one! Plus, I love it. I'm not any good at it, but I love it! Plus, Anything that allows us to be competitive is always fun!
- Bowling. This is kind of a staple, isn't? Bowling alleys can be found in every area of town and some also have full bars so you can unwind a little as you try to keep your competitive edge against your mate.
- Visit the SPCA. We, admittedly, haven't done this one since we've become parents, but we both agree this was one of our favorite dates we've ever gone on. So what did we do there? We played with the puppies. Big dogs to little kittens; they've got it all! But don't blame me if one captures your heart and you have to take it home!
- The Museum District. Houston has a lot of great museums, some free, some not. But the great thing is that they are all relatively close to one another. One place that is smack dab in the middle of it all is McGovern Centennial Gardens. The volunteers at the gardens keep it looking pristine and colorful all year round (which is quite a feat with the brutal summer heat). Not only is the gardens free, but it's a great place to have a picnic, read a book, or talk about your couple goals - free from distraction.
- Volunteer. There is no better way to get to know someone than by volunteering with them. I fell in love with my husband because of his kind heart toward others, and we love giving back together. It can be a church group or local organization, but anywhere you can donate your time is a worthwhile thing. If you're unsure where to volunteer, try Volunteer Houston.
So get out there and have a day date!